Cyber Security Engineer
12580 West Creek Parkway Richmond, VA 23261 US
Our Central Virginia based Client is seeking a highly collaborative, team-oriented Information Security Engineer!
- 100% remote)!
- Flexible work schedule!
The client is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join our growing IT Security team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in security engineering and a deep understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities. This position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the security infrastructure for our organization, as well as providing technical guidance and leadership. The Security Engineer will partner with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Security field
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in information security, computer science, or information technology
- Some scripting and /or development ability to customize existing security tools
- Industry certification such as CISSP, SEC+, CEH, CCSP or equivalent certificate strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of network devices, security solutions, technology platforms
- Able to convey information effectively and professionally to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Systematic, data-driven approach to security and risk analysis with the ability to think laterally while implementing security improvements
- Extensive experience in security systems including firewalls, intrusion detection systems/intrusion prevention, endpoint detection and response, vulnerability scanning and management authentication systems, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)/log management and content filtering.
- Experience with conducting security and technology reviews.
- Extensive experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security and network monitoring tools
- Understanding of cloud technology, Web related technologies including applications, services, Service Oriented Architectures and networking protocols
- Highly technical with the ability to Troubleshoot and remediate problems